Tuesday, January 22, 2013

thank you hubby UPDATED

Earlier this month {last week, actually} my husband was watching television when I walked into the room.  This in and of itself is not unusual but the channel he was watching definitely was.  My dear husband was watching HSN.  Yep, the Home Shopping Network.  He was watching the demo of this {pictured} computerized sewing machine.

I sit down next to him and listen intently to the host and expert regale the show's viewers with all of the machine's features.  During a commercial break, he asked me if this machine looked like something that I'd like for my birthday.  Yep, the big 4-0 is in April.  He said that he would purchase it if I did.

Heck yeah!

Of course, the machine was a Today Special Value and thus available at a special price for a very limited time.  Now, I await the arrival of this nifty machine sometime this week.


Singer One Plus Computerized Sewing Machine
Let Singer help you sew something sensational. Boasting loads of great features like 231 built-in stitches, a large back-lit LCD screen, a heavy-duty metal frame and an awesome accessories package, the One Plus is the perfect machine for all your stitching endeavors.

What You Get


  • Singer sewing machine 
  • Standard accessories package 
  • Value-added accessories package
  • Manufacturer's 25-year limited warranty, including 5 years on electronic components and 1 year on adjustments

Standard Accessories Package


  • Power line cord
  • Foot control 
  • Soft-sided dust cover 
  • General purpose foot (on machine) 
  • Pack of needles 
  • Screwdriver
  • 4 Bobbins (3 plus 1 in machine) 
  • Zipper foot 
  • Auxiliary spool pin 
  • Satin stitch foot 
  • Spool pin felt disks 
  • Blind hem foot
  • 3 Spool pin caps
  • Buttonhole foot and underplate 
  • Buttonhole opener/brush 
  • Instruction manual

Value-Added Accessories Package

  • Even feed/walking foot 
  • Flower-stitch attachment 
  • Sew & Serge/Cut & Hem attachment 
  • Beading foot 
  • Invisible zipper foot
  • Cording foot 
  • Open toe foot 
  • Darning/embroidery foot 
  • Parallel sewing foot 
  • Fringe foot
  • Piping foot 
  • Narrow braid cord foot with gimping guide 
  • Quarter-inch foot 
  • Roller foot
  • Narrow rolled-hem foot 
  • Twin needles 
  • Value-added instructions
Source: http://www.hsn.com/shop/computerized-sewing-machines/

UPDATE: My new machine arrived this afternoon.  I can't wait to open it but I have a meeting at the school shortly.  Be assured that this box will be opened very soon and I hope to play with it this evening.  I will post more photos on instagram tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment