Saturday, November 28, 2009

i spent the day at Ford's Landing

Happy first Saturday after Thanksgiving. Tired of turkey yet? :) Well, I didn't brave the malls this year on Black Friday. Nor did I brave the malls today. Instead I spent the day at Ford's Landing tending to my booth space and sharing my wares with those in attendance at this annual event.

To quote their site,

Christmas season is fast approaching, Fords Landing is always excited to host and invite you to their annual Christmas on the Farm. This event provides a country alternative to the hustle-bustle of city shopping and stuffy mall photos of Santa. The event is kicked off with our faithful, jolly Santa arriving on a small pony carriage. He then sits outside with your children and reads them a Christmas story. A new and unique photo scene is offered each year for Santa and all the children who come see him. This year, that theme is 'In The Barn Yard with Santa'. Live music, petting zoo, hayrides, home-cooked chili, games, make-it-take-it Christmas crafts and a Country store with several local vendors are among a few of the event’s highlights with a down-home family atmosphere. source
Before I left Ford's Landing this afternoon, I promised myself that I would definitely attend next year as well. It was a fun event put on by a couple of wonderful people. The other vendors were fabulous and those in attendance were full of good cheer. Definitely a great way to start the Christmas shopping season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment