Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A word of advice

Ladies and Gents: If you love your purse, don't allow the bellhop to carry it.

Update: I posted this picture on instagram and mentioned that the customer and I were both lucky that I had some fabric scraps leftover that I could use to fix the holes. And in my grumbling to myself about the pain of undoing stitches and creating a new base for this bag, I am reminded why I enjoy doing what I do. I *can* rework this bag and make it new again. When Charlie cat decided to stretch his claws out on my leather Coach during a road trip from Georgia to Texas, there wasn't a gosh darn thing I could do about it except wrap my prized XL baseball leather ergo hobo bag in its dust bag and mourn its loss in rotation. I couldn't contact Coach and have them make me another bag or just replace that damaged side. I am happy that I can fix this bag and make it usable for my customer again. *This* is just one of a myriad of reasons why I do what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment