Monday, January 2, 2012

New addition to my shop

I've been using a pot holder that my mama made to hold my drink and snacks when I sew but finally right before Christmas decided to make one of my own using fabric scraps. It began as a procrastination project. I was probably supposed to be cleaning or some other domestic chore when I decided to do this but...

Anyway...

I got out my handy dandy see through ruler and made a rectangle on a plastic placemat, which would become my pattern. I wanted the size to big enough to hold my largest cup and with enough space to hold my typical snack.

It was so much fun to make that I quickly began another.

These are mini quilts. Mini works of art that are both beautiful and functional - my two main requirements.

My second ever mug rug snack mat is now listed on Etsy.

Available now - http://www.etsy.com/listing/89606047/2012-mug-rug-pink-snack-mat-patchwork

No comments:

Post a Comment