Friday, April 10, 2009

and so it begins

I purchased the .com and the .org today in addition to creating the gmail address, this blog, and the etsy shop associated with this new venture. My closet and storage building are filled with old clothes that are still in good condition but alas hopelessly out of style. Thus this [new uses for old clothes] was born.

I am taking a break from working on the 6th bag of the day and even have a pin cushion waiting for some filler. All items will continue with the mantra "functional expressions of beauty" but will take it one step further with the idea of "reduce. reuse. recycle. repurpose." All items that I create for this etsy shop and feature on this blog will be created using old clothes. I have collected buttons and ribbon for years and will use what I currently have to embellish these creations. Though I am an avid collector (packrat) of fabric, I intend to stay true to "new uses for old clothes".

No comments:

Post a Comment